Lyon is one of the best cities in France that you must visit. The town is third largest in France. It is the funds of Rhone-Alps area. The city is known for its historic and social heritage. Some of its structures and museums have been listed in world history site list of UNESCO.
Some of the best locations to visit and explore within Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Cathedral: This church is dedicated to St. John and St. Stephen. It was constructed during Twelfth and the Thirteenth century. The earliest parts of the church have finally been closed for hopes and are kept for the community display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the beautiful courtyards that were constructed during the time of renaissance within the Roman style of structures.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is the oldest theater in France and it was started in Eleventh century AD. There's a great regard and value for it amongst the nearby inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a well-liked park that's made in the actual English style of architecture. The park was built throughout the 19th century and it is one of the biggest and many beautiful urban parks associated with France. It is a good way for family excursions and other outdoor recreation. The main highlights of the park include a large greenhouse, botanical garden and a rose garden. Recently African Plains have also been additional where the creatures can wander freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house had been started in 1826 and was later reopened within 1993. The area has hosted many opera performances as well as dance shows. The cup ceiling of the building would be to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Great Lyon: This is another fascinating appeal. The aquarium is located on the outskirts of the city and it has a bit of entertainment for almost everyone. There are a number of types of fish and other marine life species have been stored here. Many informative classes and slideshows will also be organized to educate the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: It is really an ideal spot for the dancing lovers. This particular theater continues to be dedicated to dance where you can discover various style of dance. There's a museum which is also situated in the vicinity of the same building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is among the largest retail center in France. The mall has got the presence of the majority of the major brands in the world. But avoid this place on Sundays as it can get crowded.
Lyon is among the best locations in France to see and discover sorties à Lyon. Eurostar is one of the best means to reach Paris and then you can take possibly TGV train or bus in order to Lyon.
Lyon, the culinary capital of France, which is the 3rd largest city and second biggest metropolitan region in France. This particular city is known for its culture and 2000 year-old history. This particular city was founded by the Roman empire and a heritage city because recognized by UNESCO. This wonderful city can be found between Paris and Marseille and 470 km from Paris. You are able to reach presently there from Geneva which is just 170 km away. It is located in East of France between 2 rivers called as Rhone as well as Saone. The people living there are known as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' environment and weather conditions are nice to go to in the 30 days of Sept and October.